Haiti 468x60

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A little Poetry

My mom is a victim of Altzheimer's and it has greatly affected my family. My father is overwhelmed but extremely stubborn about putting my mom in an appropriate facility. So her life is fairly bleak right now. I'm pretty helpless to do much of anything, but I do what I can.

This poem came out of the pain that Altzheimer's inflicts on its victims and their families.

I DON’T KNOW

I don’t know how to tell you
I don’t know what to say
I really can’t explain it
The words just won’t obey.

They took away my car keys
And I lost my falling star
It hurts me when I realize
I can’t remember who you are.

I know that I should do “it”
But “it” just slipped my mind
I used to have so many friends
But they’ve left me far behind.

The man who sleeps beside me
Is someone I don’t know
My life’s no longer one I live
So I wish that I could go.

By Lisa E. Shepard
Copyright 2008
Peace all...and I'm outta' here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PREVIOUS POSTS

Backyard Ocean
Save $10 on your first order from Peapod.com