Haiti 468x60

Monday, February 8, 2010

TODAY IS A WOO-HOO DAY!!!

I just got a call from my primary care physician's office with the most awesome news!! First here is a little background:

Last July I fell and broke my elbow. When I saw the dr. he took the opportunity to do a battery of tests that hadn't been done in a while. The results were grim: My blood sugar was high enough to put me in the diabetic category, my cholesterol was a miserable 436 and my blood pressure was up to 140/90. I also weighed in at 258 pounds.

Well, that doctor's visit scared the bejeezus out of me and I vowed to DO SOMETHING about it all. So I embarked on a new program of eating that cut out all sugar and severely restricted the amount of fat. Now on to the WOO-HOO day:

My blood sugar is now "NORMAL", my cholesterol is down to 146, my blood pressure is 120/75 and I've lost 55 pounds!!

And I want to state here that I don't ever feel deprived when it comes to food...and I rarely have heartburn/ingestion...and I sleep better - I'm not tired all the time anymore. The only down side to all this is - I am 52 and losing the weight has left me with baggy skin on my thighs, arms and neck. If I could just find something I could do to reduce the baggy skin, I'd be complete! But, if that is the only thing I have to complain about, then I don't have much.

Just wanted to share this WOO-HOO day with everyone! Peace...and I'm outta' here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PREVIOUS POSTS

Backyard Ocean
Save $10 on your first order from Peapod.com